PRIVACY STATEMENT LUKASWEB
Lukas-Art in Flanders vzw (hereafter "Lukasweb")
Business number: 0896.530.319
+32 9 235 47 30
1. Why this Privacy Statement?
Each person (hereafter the “User”) who uses the website www.lukasweb.be (hereafter the “Website”) makes certain personal data available. This personal data is information that enables Lukasweb to identify you as a natural person, whether or not we actually do this. You are identifiable as soon as it is possible to establish a direct or indirect link between one or more entries and you as a natural person.
We use and process your data exclusively in accordance with the Regulation and other relevant legal provisions. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of April 27th 2016 regarding the protection of natural persons concerning the processing of personal data and regarding the free traffic of that data (GDPR or AVG).
In accordance with this Privacy Statement, each User of the Website is informed of the processing activities that Lukasweb can carry out with his personal data. Lukasweb reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at all times. Each significant modification will be communicated clearly to the User. We advise to consult this document regularly.
2. Who processes the personal data?
2.1. Data controller
Lukasweb is the data controller and decides alone or in collaboration with others what personal data is collected, and what will be the purpose and methods to process this personal data.
Lukasweb is free to call upon data processors. A processor is a natural person or a legal person who processes personal data at the request of or in the name of a data controller. The processor is required to guarantee the safety and confidentiality of this data. The processor always acts according to the instructions of the data controller.
LUKASWEB can call upon following categories of processors:
- Companies that we’ve employed for administrative purposes;
- Companies that we’ve employed for communication purposes;
- Companies that we’ve employed for hosting purposes;
- Companies that we’ve employed for the maintenance of our websites;
- Companies that we’ve employed for data analysis;
- Companies that we’ve employed for the authentication of users;
- Companies that we’ve employed for marketing purposes.
3. On what legal grounds is my personal data processed?
We process personal data in accordance with the Privacy Law and the Regulation on the following legal grounds:
- Based on the execution of an agreement as agreed with the User, or the execution of precontractual arrangements on his request; or
- Based on compliance with legal or regulatory provisions; or
- Based on our legitimate interest to keep specific Users updated on our events, to invite these Users for these events and to answer the questions posed by using the contact form; or
- Based on your permission to send out our newsletter.
4. What personal data is processed?
Lukasweb undertakes to only collect and process the data that is relevant and required for the purposes for which it is processed. The following categories of personal data can be processed:
- Personal identification data (name and surname);
- Electronic identification data (IP address and cookies);
- Contact details (email address and phone number);
- Profession details (current position and organization);
- Personal data considering the (by the User) entered food preferences in a LUKASWEB form;
- Personal data considering the selected sessions of the person concerned (in case of registration for an event).
5. For which purposes is my personal data used?
Data processing is essential for the website performance and the associated services. The processing exclusively takes place for the following well-defined purposes:
- To answer questions asked by using the contact form or questions sent to general email addresses such as email@example.com;
- To invite and inform the User of upcoming events and to make sure that our events are tailored to the User’s preferences;
- To improve our service;
- To keep our databases updated;
- To send out newsletters if the User authorized this.
During a visit to the Lukasweb website, some data is collected for statistical purposes. Such data is essential to optimize the use of the website and our service. This data includes, but is not limited to: IP address, estimated location of the consultation, hour and day of the consultation, which links were clicked and which pages were visited. When you visit the Lukasweb website, you agree to this data collection intended for statistical purposes as defined above. Lukasweb anonymises this kind of data.
When a User receives newsletters, some data is collected for statistical purposes. This data includes estimated location of the consultation, hour and day of the consultation, which links were clicked and which pages were visited. When you subscribe to our newsletter, you agree to this data collection intended for statistical purposes as defined above.
The User himself provides this personal data to Lukasweb and that way he can exercise a certain degree of control. If some data is incomplete or incorrect, Lukasweb preserves the right to postpone certain anticipated actions temporarily or permanently.
6. Who receives your personal data?
Your personal data is processed for Lukasweb’s internal use. Your personal data will not be sold or communicated to third parties, unless you gave explicit permission beforehand or unless Lukasweb is legally obliged to pass this data nonetheless.
Lukasweb took all juridical and technical precautions to avoid access to and use of data without permission.
7. How long is my personal data stored?
Your data is stored for as long as necessary to pursue stated purposes. It is deleted from the database when it is no longer necessary to pursue stated purposes or when you legitimately exercise your right to obtain erasure of data.
8. What are my rights?
8.1. Guarantee that personal data is rightfully and securely processed
Your personal data is always processed for legitimate purposes, as explained in section 5. It is collected and processed in an appropriate, relevant and proportional way, and kept for no longer than is necessary to achieve the stated purposes.
8.2. Right to inspect
If you can prove your identity, you obtain the right to acquire information about the processing of your data. Hence, you have the right to inspect the purposes of processing, the categories of the data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom data is transmitted, the criteria set to determine the data retention period and the rights that you can exercise concerning your data.
8.3. The right to rectification of personal data
Inaccurate or incomplete information can be corrected. One can also turn to us with a request for adjustment.
8.4. The right to the erasure of your personal data
Moreover, you have the right to obtain erasure of your personal data in the following cases:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary for the stated purpose;
- You repeal your consent to process your data and there is no other legal base to process your data;
- You have rightfully exercised your right to object;
- Your data has been processed illegitimately;
- Your data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
The erasure of data is primarily related to visibility; it is possible that erased data is still stored temporarily.
8.5. The right to the restriction of processing
In some cases, you have the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data. This is certainly true in the case of a dispute regarding the accuracy of data, if the data is essential in the context of legal proceedings or during the time required for Lukasweb to determine if you can rightfully exercise your right to erasure.
8.6. The right to object
You are at all times entitled to object to the processing of your personal data for ‘direct marketing’ purposes, profiling purposes or purposes that stem from the legitimate interests of the data controller. Lukasweb will stop processing your data unless Lukasweb can prove that there are imperative legal reasons to process data that prevail over your right to object.
8.7. The right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data provided to Lukasweb in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format. Furthermore, you have the right to transfer this personal data to another data controller unless this is technically impossible.
8.8. The right to revoke my consent
You have the right to revoke your consent at all times.
9. How can I exercise my rights?
If you wish to exercise your rights, you need to send a registered letter with a written request and a proof of identity to Lukasweb, Abrahamstraat 13, 9000 Ghent or via email to info@Lukasweb.be. We will respond as soon as possible, no later than thirty (30) days after receiving your request.
10. Possibility to file a complaint
If you are displeased with the processing of your personal data by Lukasweb, you have the right to file a complaint to the Data Protection Authority (https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/